Sorry for the silence – we have just been loaned a ‘dongle’ so can get a measure of connection to the internet… Not replied to the emails yet – definitely a mañana scenario!
Well we have had and are having a challenging time here in SA. Hard to put pen to paper and give some insights to it. There are simply so many, but I will try some summary statements.
- South Africa is at a most important time and could swing either way.
- Cape Town carries a birthing anointing for the nation – and beyond for the continent.
- ‘She’ is disorientating to those who come to try and get sight, because she is disorientated.
- This is a time for stewardship that will take the nation beyond nationalism.
- The day of politics of promise that does not deliver is to give way to partnerships of humility.
- A sign to come in the midst of the world cup with respect to ‘gates / gatekeepers’ in the nation.
- As we prayed from the Rhodes memorial (aka demonic temple) – having discerned how it is devouring the young (men) of SA / Africa – 6 young male University students assembled at the foot. Great time of interaction with them. Maybe the greatest highlight… so how do we play a part in discipling those who hold keys to the future of a nation, even if they do not all come to faith?
- Humble people working in a tough area: gangs, drugs, HIV.
Yes we are humbled, impacted, and grateful that we have been able to sow into the future to see something shift.
I hope to post soon on East London.