The books / booklets I have written are both a reflection of my personal convictions and also at times they contain material that is a little experimental. They are available as hardback or as an eBook that should be readable on most if not all readers. tablets / phones / desktops.
To order (esp. UK): https://www.bozpublications.com/humanising-the-divine. (Outside the UK all major book outlets should be able to supply them.)
Costs and obtaining the books
Setting costs are never easy and as I am trying to negotiate the challenging path between the commercial and real costs while not wishing to make money the basis on which someone can access material. The hardback has an actual ongoing cost in producing (POD), hence I have set a firm price on that. If purchasing the hardback an ebook sent free will also be an option.
There are three ways in which to engage with the content of the books
- The simplest is to buy and read them. They are not big enough to use as door stops so I suspect they are better read!
- The second way to engage would be to access the forum or set of podcasts to supplement each chapter:
- The third way would be to join a Zoom group where we will discuss a chapter per week, so each book would consist of 6-8 zoom meetings for about an hour per time:
(Form further down the page).
- I have and will continue to set Zoom groups up as and when they are wanted.
- Some volumes will be discussed as a whole book, rather than chapter by chapter. Those groups looking at those volumes will continue for as long as there is viable discussion – others will be chapter by chapter.
- I also encourage someone to start their own groups. I am willing to be drawn in for a session or more should that be advantageous.
- I am not looking for anyone to come on board with my ‘journey’ and am very happy for people to dismiss what I have written – my only hope is it will be of help in aiding such people on their own authentic journey.
Who are they for?
If one is of a firm conviction (welcome to the club!) but aligns oneself to a more Reformed position (Gospel Coalition?) then there probably is no real value in pursuing dialogue over the books. By all means buy, review and post exposing all my errors. You are totally free to do so. (My beliefs are not worth defending, as Jesus is central to our faith not a set of beliefs…)
I am also not looking for engagement simply with those who will agree with me. My hope in writing them is I could show that an authentic approach to the Bible, belief and faith is not a narrow pathway, but we can be faithful to Scripture and explore. I also hope that the writings will enable readers to disagree and become convinced of their own beliefs.
Those who engage on Zoom calls will not be required to sign a statement of faith! They do not need to be already persuaded of my convictions, nor is that the goal of the process. Sympathetic, willing to step out of the restrictions of a more ‘hard-line’ evangelicalism will be more than enough… and a willingness to listen to others, and be as open as one is comfortable to be.
Costs for the Zoom groups
I have been very influenced by my friends at Authentic Business as to how to approach the monetary aspect. I genuinely do not want any cost to be a barrier, so here is the approach I am choosing.
I am suggesting that to join a zoom group you consider that 50.00€ is a reasonably fair rate. If this is not possible then maybe consider trying to make a contribution in parts over a period of months. If you are unable to make a contribution then that is totally OK too.
To join a Zoom group
You will need a copy of the book (hardback or eBook) that will be in use for the Zoom group; you will need to read the appropriate chapter we will be discussing before the pertinent zoom meeting; preferably also to have read the short article on the forum relating to that chapter.
The forum is not for the intellectuals! It is open for all to read, but only those who have been on a zoom call will be able to contribute their own posts, replies to others.
Use the form below to request to join a group:
Accessing the eBook on reader / tablet / phone
There are instructions on the Boz Website which I replicate here. I have decided not to put the eBook on the Amazon site (should be no surprises there for anyone who has read posts from this site!). Hence the instruction for the Kindle compatible version is a little more complex.
Instructions to add HUMANISING to your Kindle.
- Go to your Kindle Personal Documents Settings page.
- Under Approved Personal Document E-mail List, add your email address.
- Under Send-to-Kindle E-Mail Settings, find and record your Kindle’s email address. This address should end in @kindle.com.
- Attach the .mobie–book file to an email, send it to your Kindle’s email address.
- HUMANISING should appear in your Kindle library.
Compatible with all e-book readers.
Instructions to add HUMANISING to the majority of digital tablets and mobile devices.
- Locate the saved .epub file.
- Open via preferred reading app.
- HUMANISING should appear in your library.
I have also written – in simple language – four chapters that are a summary of the undergirding theology, mainly with a focus on two remarkable aspects. First that Jesus is totally remarkable. Growing up as he did in a first Century Jewish biased culture, he almost certainly did not know any different, but through his interaction with women and Gentiles he broke through to a new way of seeing. He was always sinless but he was not mature. That maturity developed. If we could have questioned Jesus as a youth we might have been surprised by his answers. Likewise if we could have questioned him during that final week we would have been amazed, but for different reasons. He would be radical, not simply in that culture, but into all cultures.
The second aspect is the remarkable ‘success’ of the message that originated from a backwater province in the Roman empire. The message that said a young man who suffered the same fate as countless thousands of others had inaugurated a ‘new creation’, a new order that was shaped by values totally distinct from that of the one-world dominating government.
The chapters do not replace the books, but might prove to be an easier way in to what I cover in more detail in the books.
Download or read in pdf format:Simple Summary.